Elbow Pain is common among individuals who partake in activities of a repetitive nature. The most common are Flexor Tendinopathy (Golfers Elbow) and Extensor Tendinopathy (Tennis Elbow).
These are overuse injuries and are caused by damaging the muscle tissue at the point it anchors to the arm bone at the elbow. It occurs when more force is applied to an area than the normal healthy tissues can handle. Both will exhibit local pain in the area and tension throughout the forearm and hand.
Causes of Elbow Pain
- Unaccustomed hand use. eg painting a fence, hammering, lots of typing.
- Excessive gripping activities
- Poor forearm muscle strength or tight muscles
- Poor technique (Golf Swing/Tennis Shot)
Elbow Pain Treatments
Our Myotherapists are trained to assess Elbow Pain and will put together an individualised treatment plan to help relieve pain and restore normal function back to your body. They will also treat areas that may become overworked or weakened due to the Elbow pathology.
Depending on your presentation treatment may include a combination of the following techniques:
- Soft and Deep Tissue Massage
- Myofascial Cupping
- Myofascial Dry Needling
- Hot and Cold Therapies
- Postural and Corrective Exercises