Massage from a Myotherapist can assist with pain and cramps in your pregnancy
A women’s body goes through a lot of changes during the time of pregnancy. These changes occur hormonally, physically and mentally. From a physical perspective the body needs to adapt to the physical load and changes to help grow a tiny person and this can elicit changes in muscle activation and patterning, increase fatigue and also potentially create pain.
At Elite Myotherapy we are trained to identify these factors and work with the changing body to continue to keep it strong and mobile as your body changes.
The Myotherapists at Elite Myotherapy conduct a thorough assessment of you and through massage and mobilisation techniques help the body to be restored to its normal function which gives relief from the aches and pains.
The benefits of Myotherapy during pregnancy, using massage
- Increase body circulation and help reduce stress, aiding in stabilisation of blood pressure.
- Provide relief for weight bearing joints such as lower back, hips, knees and ankles
- Stabilise hormonal levels, helping to minimise mood swings, lowering anxiety, improving sleep and energy levels
- Decreasing levels of stress hormone nor epinephrine
- Increased levels of the ‘feel good’ hormones serotonin
- Fewer postnatal and obstetric problems
- Alleviate tension through the body which can give rise to headaches, tension, stiff joints, back pain, sciatica symptoms, swelling and/or sore feet
- Encourage an improved posture, minimising postural stress later on when baby arrives.